Senior Solution Delivery ArchitectRemote – Poland JR009221
Job Description Summary (home based/remote working role in Poland)
IBM i Solutions Delivery Architects ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and customers. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Solutions Delivery Architect will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide L4 support for our IBM i Engineering and Operation teams.
- Responsible for technical infrastructure projects that support Net New Revenue
- Collaborates with various groups to select appropriate designs and tests to ensure compatibility of system components.
- Responds to client/stakeholder problems in a timely manner, prioritizing multiple issues based on the severity of the case
- Updates Incident and Request tickets with clear, concise, and detailed documentation, including all communications regarding work, emails, phone calls and service attempts.
- Determines need for and responsible for installing Operating Systems patches including pre and post level reporting.
- Follows documented procedures for installing, maintaining, and administering server hardware and software environments.
- Possess an understanding of server hardware components.
- Possess an understanding of network design, components, and computer systems interactions.
- IBM i, iSeries, AS/400 System Administration (5 to 10 years’ experience)
- i/OS support for versions V4R5 to Current Release
- Hardware Management Console (HMC) configuration and support
- IBM Power Systems Hardware configuration and support
- IBM Server firmware support
- Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) configuration and support Including SEA and VLAN Configurations
- Internal/External (SAN) DASD general understanding and support
- SAN replication methods (IBM FSFC) configuration and support
- Virtual Tape Library (VTL) solution (Dell/EMC) configuration and support
- BRMS (in-depth knowledge) configuration and support
- Data replication (PowerHA, MIMIX, iTera, DataMirror, other) configuration and support
- MQ Series configuration and support
- Troubleshooting skills, analytical skills, experience in high availability/real time environment
- Ability to coordinate actions through others and willing to adapt to change.
- Effective Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a teaming environment, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to coach others, ensure processes and procedures are up to date and followed, facilitate cross training among different teams, manage scheduling, facilitate Major Incident calls with support teams and client representatives.
- Dynamic schedules – ARE YOU ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS/WEEKENDS ad hoc in support of Project defined objectives.
- Familiarity with the following tools: Service Manager, CASD Service Desk or ServiceNOW Configuration Management Database, HP Service Desk, BMC for iSeries, Halcyon and absMessage
- CL coding (develop and support)
- Network Troubleshooting skills and/or familiarity with Wireshark
- SQL & DB performance monitoring & tuning – utilizing tools like DBMON & iDoctor
- RPG Application development coding – General Understanding
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | 81
Mainframe Client Rehire
Pune, India | JR009379
JR009379_Project Support Specialist
Pune, India | JR009332