At Ensono, our purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation.
Developing impactful solutions is something we do together at Ensono, because Ideas Start Here. Great things happen when many voices are heard, and people are supported to run with their ideas. On our teams, you will be backed by leaders with passion for our business. This is a place where your ideas can Do Great Things.
We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates. The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into how we do business.
Adventure starts here. Here you will be a part of a team that encourages you to master your craft, ask tomorrow’s questions today, and chart your own path. Our Associates focus on client impact with curiosity and a feeling of relentless commitment. You will support this mission in this role, where you will be doing the following:
About the role and what you’ll be doing:
Provide premium DB2 sysprog support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe DB2 systems. The successful candidate will perform mainframe database software upgrades coupled with administration and tuning to support our customers’ DB2 environments. The individual will need to work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of database problems. The individual will be responsible for day-to-day database maintenance such as creating backups, performing restores, monitoring file extent growth, scheduling reorganizations, creating and maintaining DR procedures and overall support of customer needs and requests. The successful candidate will be called upon to perform a variety of database optimizations that will include general reporting and analysis of the efficiency of the database configuration and periodic review of database performance.
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
• Expertise and work efforts will focus on the development and support and/or the customization of new services and support efforts.
• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to DB2 System programming knowledge of multiple DBMS’s is a bonus.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to DB2 tables spaces.
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to DB2 and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures.
• The individual will need to participate in on-call responsibilities.
We want all new Associates to succeed in their roles at Ensono. That’s why we’ve outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it’s important that you meet all Required Qualifications. If you do not meet all the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
• 10 years of professional experience in DB2 for administration and systems programming support.
• Knowledgeable in best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation.
• SMP/e experience.
• Experience with configuring and managing DB2 in a parallel sysplex environment.
• Ability to develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices in software management.
• Experience with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, DR, security, maintenance, and utilization.
• Experience with reviewing new versions of DB2 for functionality, advising how they benefit the client.
• Ability to evaluate change requests and determine impact to assigned clients and troubleshooting and solving production database issues.
• Experience with supporting DB2 security requests.
• Ability to review DB2 security to find potential risks.
• Experience with reorganization of application data.
• Experience with reviewing, tuning of internal DB2 buffer pools and SQL code.
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients.
What we offer
Flexible and remote work opportunities
Training and development programs
Worldwide career opportunities
My Benefit system
Associate equity program
One paid day off for charity events
Rental or co-financing of office equipment
Referral bonus program
Growth starts here.
Ensono is a place to make better happen – for our clients and for your career. At Ensono, your skills and expertise will grow every day. You will be empowered to do impactful work by influencing mission-critical platforms, modernizing systems, and building innovative applications as you partner with our remarkable clients. You can do great things through innovation or collaboration, by learning or volunteering, or to promote diversity and inclusion. You can do great things for your own health or for a healthier planet. Whatever it means to you to do great things we want Ensono to be the place you can do it.
We’re a global-first organization with collaboration as one of our core values. We believe our global perspective is our strategic advantage. With physical offices in Europe, India, and the United States, as well as areas of remote workforce concentration.