At Ensono, our Purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation.
We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates. The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into how we do business. These five traits are the key to achieving our purpose.
The Mainframe Systems Programmer Manager will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams. Oversee the day-to-day functions aligning with their Global Leader(s) responsibilities/duties while maintaining on-going project management and statuses. This may include installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, procedural documentation for their areas of expertise. The Manager will oversee training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Managers will do quarterly reviews, set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company.
Position reports to Director, MF System Programming
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
• Provide thought leadership within assigned tower and Business Unit
• Provides Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
• Provide direction to Team Leaders and resources.
• Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
• Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
• Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
• Provide input to the review process.
• Administer, update, weekly project management documents, aligning projects with client and BU activity.
• Manage team’s ticket queue and following up on aging tickets
• Provide risk assessment and risk management
• Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
• Delegate responsibilities where applicable.
• Facilitate or coordination of software releases/upgrades or large projects.
• Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
• Collaboration with other departments
• Develop, assess, adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
• Participate in and provide timely responses to all internal and external audits
• Participating in on-boarding of new client.
What the Ideal Candidate Brings to this Role
Required Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
5-10 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree. Relevant work experience will be considered in place of a bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge in your area of discipline
• Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM Operating systems
• Knowledge of SMP/E or maintenance routines if applicable
• Knowledge in JCL
• Knowledge system IPL processes
• Knowledge of ISPF/TSO
• Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project
Ensono is a place we unleash Associates to Do Great Things – for our clients and for your career. This could mean achieving a professional goal, collaborating with your team on an innovative idea, learning a new skill, reaching a wellness milestone, or engaging in your community through volunteer programs. Whatever it means to you, we want Ensono to be the place where you can do great things.
We value flexibility and work-life balance. Positions that are not required to be onsite to support a client may offer the ability to work remotely or hybrid at an Ensono office location.
Unlimited Paid Day Off (PDO) Plan
Two robust health plan options through Blue Cross Blue Shield
401(k) with a generous company match
Eligibility for dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage, and flexible spending accounts
Depending on location, ability to take advantage of fitness centers
Flexible work schedule
Ensono is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment to our Associates and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Pay transparency nondiscrimination statement/posting OFCCP’s pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP’s website.
If you need accommodation at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email USTalentAcquisition@esnono.com.