Manager, Mainframe Systems ProgrammingRemote - United States JR009106
The Manager, Mainframe System Programming will coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of their assigned IT teams, as they pertain to the installation, testing, and implementation of new operating systems and other 'system' software – specifically z/OS. Oversee the day-to-day functions aligning with their Global Leader(s) responsibilities/duties while maintaining on-going project management and statuses. The Manager will oversee training sessions with resources so that they can be equipped with new knowledge and skills to remain current. Manager will do quarterly reviews, set quarterly and yearly goals, aligning to the Business Unit and Company.
Position reports to Director, Global Technical Services
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
- Provide thought leadership within assigned tower and Business Unit
- Provides Technical support for SW solutions.
- Provide direction to Team Leaders and resources.
- Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Administer, update, weekly project management documents, aligning projects with client and BU activity.
- Manage team’s ticket queue and following up on aging tickets
- Provide risk assessment and risk management
- Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
- Attend/facilitate client/team meetings where applicable.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Develop, assess, adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
- Participate in and provide timely responses to all internal and external audits
- Participating in on-boarding of new client.
- Own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members.
- Provide both technical and ‘soft skill’ mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, well-balanced team. This includes project management, quality audits, and coordination of training sessions as well as day-to-day oversight of the team.
Required Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years of related experience within an IT Operations environment with a bachelor’s degree. Relevant work experience will be considered in place of a bachelor’s degree.
- 3 – 5 years of management experience in related field
- 10 years of mainframe operating systems and other 'system' software experience
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail
- Ability to effectively coordinate and lead internal resources to accomplish key milestones
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver informative and well-organized presentations
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and leadership skills with ability to work and build relationships across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to learn quickly
Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Teams, Sharepoint
Ensono is a place we unleash Associates to Do Great Things – for our clients and for your career. This could mean achieving a professional goal, collaborating with your team on an innovative idea, learning a new skill, reaching a wellness milestone, or engaging in your community through volunteer programs. Whatever it means to you, we want Ensono to be the place where you can do great things.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance. Positions that are not required to be onsite to support a client may offer the ability to work remotely or hybrid at an Ensono office location.
- Unlimited Paid Day Off (PDO) Plan
- Two robust health plan options through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Eligibility for dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage, and flexible spending accounts
- Depending on location, ability to take advantage of fitness centers
- Wellness program
- Flexible work schedule
Ensono is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment to our Associates and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Pay transparency nondiscrimination statement/posting OFCCP’s pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP’s website.
If you need accommodation at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152