Ensono is a managed service provider head-quartered in the U.S. with offices around the globe. Our full-service portfolio is an enviable combination of enterprise hybrid IT services that spans IBM Mainframe, IBMi, Private Cloud, managed Public Clouds, application services, and advisory and consulting services. Some of the world’s leading companies rely on Ensono’s innovative hybrid IT solutions and rich managed services to deliver highly available and cost-optimized infrastructure for their mission-critical business. We specialize in large-revenue clients who are undergoing digital transformation and seek our objective and trusted partnership to help them operate for today and optimize for tomorrow.
Today, Ensono is the #2 Mainframe managed services provider in the United States, with rapid double-digit revenue growth and an ever-growing list of well-known clients in both private and public sectors who depend on the superpowers of the mainframe for their mission-critical applications that power their revenue. We enable our clients to take advantage of the combined superpowers of the modern mainframe and cloud to deliver business innovation.
We are looking to hire a seasoned and energetic senior product manager to influence our product strategy, and drive and deliver offerings that help our clients achieve significant business outcomes.
You don’t have to be steeped in deep mainframe knowledge to be successful in this role; you appreciate that each platform has differentiated capabilities, and you're a quick study. You know what application architectures look like in the enterprise and what is important to users like application developers as they consume infrastructure services. You have a strong sense of curiosity about trends and unmet needs in the market and evolving and new technologies. You are passionate about providing unbeatable and sustainable value to our clients through the combination of technology and managed services, working backward from our clients’ business needs.
You will drive product and value proposition evolution through conception, service definition, commercial and technical product development, support of sales, marketing, pricing and lifecycle management. This global role is an exciting opportunity for a product management professional who wishes to be at the heart of a rapidly expanding hybrid IT frontrunner. You will report directly to the Global Line of Business Leader and collaborate with a guild of other product managers.
- Demonstrably strengthen Ensono’s mainframe managed services proposition, position in the market and associated revenues
- Collaboratively build vision, strategy, and roadmap for mainframe services, driving the continued growth of this highly scalable and sustainable business line for Ensono
- Engage with Clients to understand and document their business challenges, test and refine Ensono’s services strategy
- Contribute to Ensono’s overall product strategy
- Work on commercial aspects of product management including creation of business cases, cost/price modelling and some contractual aspects
- Perform market research about relevant mainframe services and competitors; appropriately communicating findings within Ensono service strategy community
- Collaborate with marketing to drive product positioning, messaging, segmentation and sales enablement
- Build effective working relationships across Ensono’s business, particularly with sales, solution architects, operational teams, pricing, product engineering and consulting staff
- Contribute to Ensono sales proposals, tender responses and sales presentation delivery
- Evangelize Ensono’s product portfolio and roadmap both inside and outside the company
- Build and maintain relationships with key technology vendors / partners
- Ensure clear direction is communicated to engineering and operations teams when defining and prioritizing features, enhancements, platform improvements, and client requests
- Product ownership of mainframe services throughout their lifecycle
Skills and Experience
- Experience with several successful offering launches as a product manager
- Experience in prioritizing based on data and evidence even when it’s incomplete
- Commercial depth as well as technical understanding of current and future technology directions
- Experience in developing value propositions and sales enablement
- Comfortable engaging at executive levels in large enterprises to influence and provide strategic insight in support of Ensono sales
- Practical knowledge of pricing strategies and financial analysis
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, active-listening and decision-making skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable speaking in public about Ensono products and services