An AWS Well-Architected Review from Ensono will ensure that your workloads are efficient, secure and performing at its peak throughout the life-cycle your application.
Amazon Web Services is a powerful platform, but it's only as powerful as your architecture makes it. When you request an AWS Well-Architected Review from Ensono, our AWS certified Professional Solution Architects will take a deep dive into your architecture, align it with AWS best practice, and provide a roadmap for improvements.
What is a Well-Architected Review?
AWS has created a full framework of standards and best practices to help users build cloud applications that are reliable, secure and high-performing. The framework offers detailed design principles and guidance across five pillars:
- Security for information and systems
- Cost Optimization to save money and avoid unnecessary spending
- Reliability in meeting business and customer demand
- Performance Efficiency to make the most of your IT and compute resource
- Operational Excellence with systems that are always being improved and updated
In an Ensono AWS Well-Architected Review, expert Solution Architects review your architecture alongside your business requirements. We'll look closely at your existing architecture and compare its elements to AWS standards. Where your systems are already a good match, we'll suggest ways to reinforce and maintain them. Where your current architecture falls behind AWS standards, we'll recommend changes and deliver a roadmap for improvement.
What will Ensono look at?
We use five AWS pillars as a framework, to dive deeper into more specific areas.
In each case, the goal is to ensure your business can achieves its key objectives. That means we'll help you see how to:
- Mitigate risk, fix problems and build best practice for the future
- Adopt a consistent approach for review of AWS architecture
- Automate processes to make architectural experimentation easier
- Cut waste with value-added proactive planning
How long does it take?
The complete review process typically takes about two weeks. That will include about 8-10 hours of active time with your team, in three stages:
- 1 hour for a virtual meeting to identify workloads and set expectations
- 4-8 hours for an on-site workshop to dive deep into your business and IT contexts and collect workload data
- 2 hours for an on-site delivery of findings and recommendations
What will be in my report?
Your will receive a detailed report from Ensono with all our review findings and recommendations. This will include:
- Your scorecard. Clear and detailed findings on how your architecture stacks up in each of the five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Our report. Details all areas where your current state is outside the recommended best practices of the AWS framework. Failures will be measured by deviation and contextual severity. We'll also describe areas of success or with room for improvement, gauge the business impact of your design decisions, and provide suggestions for improving your workload.
- An action plan. This high-level plan makes recommendations and prioritizes each of the issues and opportunities for improvement.
We're an award-winning managed service provider with over 40 years of experience in numerous technologies, including Microsoft, SAP and Oracle workloads. Ensono is highly certified - we have AWS MSP validation of our people, processes and technology and certified specifically to provide well-architected reviews.
For a period of time AWS are offering a credit of $5000 following agreement to implement remediation’s within 30 days after the review is delivered.
How do I get started?
Before you begin an AWS Well-Architected Review, we suggest that you:
- Identify an executive sponsor in your organization to oversee the review
- Identify stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Identify a significant workload
Victoria Mihal, Director of Infrastructure, PennFoster