Standard Life is a life savings company and a part of Standard Life Aberdeen plc. They offer life savings products, like pensions and ISAs, along with the support and guidance needed to help make good financial choices for the future. Founded in 1825 in Edinburgh, Standard Life now manages over £49 billion of assets for over 4.5 million customers in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria.
Standard Life had accumulated a broad mix of technologies—different email systems, directory services, operating systems, IT management tools, and more—that ultimately impaired the company’s ability to work as a single global enterprise.
Upgraded technology roadmap:
- Commercial framework to include Microsoft software and services
- Standardize System Center 2012 as company-wide system management
- Reduced IT capital costs by six figures annually
- Faster response times to global markets
- Ability to manage workload with 20% fewer staff