The Migration Architect (MA) will focus on working with Solutions Architects to define the migration architecture, mapping to required business requirements. The MA will utilize proven consulting skills to deliver design and engineering services with a specific focus on the migration, ensure the IT solutions are aligned effectively with client’s evolving direction and posture while acting as a subject matter expert. The MA will utilize modern technologies and industry standards to promote confidentiality, integrity and availability of clients’ information assets.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to consistently execute each essential duty & responsibility as well as consistently show proficiency with the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required.
• Ability to define and deliver assessment analysis of customer application portfolio. This includes participating in discovery tool selection/implementation, evaluating completeness and accuracy of customer-provided data, identifying and mapping application dependencies, defining migration groups, defining migration strategy for each server and application in the portfolio, and prioritizing migration sequence based on customer-provided business and technical drivers and understanding any performance requirements or latency issues.
• Some experience public cloud computing architecture (Microsoft Azure, and AWS) preferred
• Analyze business, technical, and application requirements to determine migration requirements, identify potential issues, and perform cost analysis related to each project.
• Ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a proposed solution.
• Responsible for detailing migration requirements and generating technical specifications for all systems within the assigned applications.
• Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for assessment and migration projects of all sizes.
• Produce architecture and design documents to effectively hand over to development teams for successful implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to understand security of applications, infrastructure, networks, systems and equipment that impact multiple environments across all of IT.
• Knowledge and experience developing, architecting, implementing, or supporting complex enterprise applications.
• Investigate new emerging technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments.
• Experience and direct involvement in planning and executing enterprise migration or transformation projects
Day to Day Role
Provide strong expertise in migration architecture support.
Work with Solution Architects to ensure that solutions to be implemented can be translated into tasks to be provided to delivery teams.
Deliver “hands-on” migration expertise in support of the client’s environment.
Document the architecture and migration decisions related to the client’s applications.
Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies that will enhance Ensono’s current and future architecture and business capabilities.
Document and speak to risks, mitigation, and alternatives.
Lead application discovery workshops
Author detailed migration plans
Educates, trains, and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes.
Consistently show the ability to mentor others in the production of all artifacts required of a Migration Architect.
Mentor and develop other Technology Consultants assigned to the supported applications.
Reviews program related documentation for team members.
Partners with other Ensono teams in completing assigned tasks/projects.
Assists in developing solutions that meet the requirements in large transformational efforts to resolve enterprise problems.
Mentors others in best practices, procedures and concepts.
Steers the relevant support tasks of other associates.
Steers application solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives.
Influences the technical direction of others to drive all projects to successful completion within architectural standards and guidance.
Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards, leading practices, and effectively explain the “why.”
Education and/or Experience
Typically, 8+ years within Information Technology with a concentration on Application Architecture or implementation
Prior Production experience with Fortune 500 clients required