Senior Mainframe CICS Systems ProgrammerRemote – Poland JR009027
At Ensono, our Purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation.
Senior Mainframe CISC System Programmer will provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to CICS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
- Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
- Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
- Follow procedures for installing OEM software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
- Work with members of other functional towers in preparing customer partitions for regular (approximately once per year) operating system upgrade process via a checklist of proactive actions.
- Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
- Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
- In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
- Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
- Follow ITSM change control procedures: implementing vendor product specific corrections (“fixes”) and upgrading, maintaining, enhancing or providing new options to applicable z/OS products within any given customer partition.
- Ability to to be on-call when required.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience on the zSeries (mainframe) platform including “hands on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to CICS TS and OEM product support.
- Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of CICS TS and installation and tailoring of CICS TS and as well as CICS TS related OEM products.
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.
- Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- My Benefit system
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Learning platforms
- Life insurance
- Performance bonus
- Associate equity program
- Modern workplace
- Referral bonus program
- Lunch card
- Study leave
- Fruits at the office
- One paid day off for charity events
- Rental or co-financing of office equipment
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Chillout zone
- Training and development programs
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152