Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) is a public university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It is based on two sites; the City Campus is located in the city center near Sheffield railway station, while the Collegiate Crescent Campus is about two miles away in the Broomhall Estate off Ecclesall Road in south-west Sheffield.
The university is the eighth largest university in the UK (out of 166) with over 30,000 students and over 700 courses available to students.
Sheffield Hallam University’s website was running on a single server in the University’s data center. The University moved the site to a new content management system and quickly noticed a pressing need to host the site on a more resilient, scalable infrastructure to support its CMS.
- 11 virtual machines including load balancers, SQL Server, MongoDB, storage, content delivery caches and servers to run the Sitecore CMS
- Secure VPN link back to on-site analytics servers
- Guaranteed uptime with 99.9% availability
- Significant CAPEX savings
- New infrastructure deployed in four days
‘‘The whole process, from design to deployment, was completed in a record four days. They have incredible consultants. They talked us through things in a way that helped us do something we’d never considered before.’’ - Dave Hewitt, Interim Service Manager