Mazars is an international accountancy and advisory firm, with 270 offices around the world, more than 18,000 professionals, and annual revenues of 1.7B USD (£1.3 billion). Founded in 1940, it specializes in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services and operates in more than 100 countries and territories. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to create value at the heart of its DNA, it differentiates itself by the opportunities it offers its people, its approach to working with clients, and its passion for responsible business.
Mazars’ clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to mid-caps and global players, as well as start-ups and public organizations at every stage of development. “What we do is make financial accounting more mobile and global from whatever region our clients operate in,” says Mazars’ Chief Technology Officer, David Bennett.
With impressive global growth comes major IT and infrastructure challenges. Its servers were humming from 9am until 5pm but sat unused the rest of the time, drawing on resources and requiring regular maintenance. In addition to its 17 UK offices, it had also acquired an Australian company and struggled with slow Citrix operating speeds between London and Australia.
Mazars had traditionally run its data center and infrastructure services for its global operations from its London offices. It needed to enable its end-users to work more flexibly and remotely, while using legacy applications, and it wanted to free up its small IT team to focus on business value services, such as its proprietary platforms that service its clients. Mazars decided that Microsoft Azure best solved those challenges and decided to migrate to the cloud.
David Bennett and Mazars sought a transformative solution delivered with market-leading expertise. To meet its demanding selection criteria, Mazars chose Ensono, winner of the 2018 Microsoft Datacenter Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
A bespoke, managed migration to Microsoft Azure featuring:
- Azure GoLive
- Azure IaaS
- Operations Management Suite
- Citrix Cloud
- Office 365
- Windows 10
- Enterprise Mobility
- Security and Hyper Cloud Platform
- A robust, secure and integrated platform for long-term international growth and innovation
- A faster, more flexible and agile user experience that enhances Mazars’ services and performance for clients
- Capital and maintenance savings and efficiencies through the removal of physical infrastructure
- Streamlined applications through the migration – roughly 200 applications were not migrated making Mazars’ environment more agile and efficient
- A successful business transformation that generates energy and motivation, and encourages a culture of business innovation