ManpowerGroup (MPG) is a Fortune 500 global talent staffing company with more than 30,000 employees operating in over 80 countries around the world. Founded in 1948, MPG pulls in upwards of $22 billion in revenue each year.
The Obstacles Faced
MPG had been relying on several legacy EOS/EOL mission-critical applications, which cost a lot of money to maintain — thereby leaving them with less to spend on their digital transformation efforts. The company was facing a cloud-first mandate from its CIO and was charged with needing to transform while reducing costs.
By partnering with Ensono due to hybrid infrastructure, IBM support, and a multi-cloud vision, MPG was able to develop an Azure cloud roadmap and business model that enabled them to reduce costs and mitigate risks while future-proofing their business and increasing operational agility — something of critical importance as they look to bolster their footprint in APAC, Europe, and LATAM. This was made possible by leveraging the Ensono Cloud Transform framework, which started with an assessment to identify what could be optimized during migration, saving money and increasing capacity. To further mitigate risks and cost, platform services like Azure Defender and Azure Files were leveraged.
What We Achieved Together
- 250 VMs migrated and in fully managed operations
- 36-month commitment
- Accelerated 12-month cloud adoption plan in execution to migrate 2500 VMs
- Risk mitigated Azure design: Four global DR paired regions (NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM)
- +30% cost reduction with implementation of RIs and Ensono Cloud Optimize
- Delivered an Azure Virtual Desktop Proof of Concept for APAC region resulting in a truly global VDI experience