Systems Engineer – IBMiChennai, India JR007903
Summary objective of the job
List the general responsibilities and descriptions of key tasks and their purpose and the results expected of candidate.
IBMi Associate Systems Engineer ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and clients. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Associate Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems while working with team members on client support.
State the education, experience, training, and primary technical skills necessary for entry into this job.
Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- IBMi, iSeries, AS/400 System Administration (2+ years’ experience), or IBMi, iSeries, AS400 Operations (+5 year’s experience)
- i/OS support for versions V6R1 to Current Release
- Hardware Management Console (HMC) support
- Internal/External (SAN) DASD general understanding and support
- BRMS support
- Knowledge of data replication (PowerHA, MIMIX, iTera, DataMirror, QEDD, others) support
- Troubleshooting skills, analytical skills
- Ability to coordinate actions through others and willing to adapt to change
- Effective Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a teaming environment, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as a team, ensure processes and procedures are up to date and followed, facilitate cross training among different teams, manage scheduling, assist Major Incident calls with support teams and client representatives
Dynamic schedules – MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS/WEEKENDS (on-call rotation)
This should include any other skills applicable to the job.
- Familiarity with the following tools: Service Manager, CASD Service Desk or ServiceNOW Configuration Management Database, Inventory asset management, HP Service Desk, BMC for iSeries, Halcyon and Unicenter
- CL coding (develop and support)
- SQL & DB performance monitoring & tuning – utilizing tools like DBMON & iDoctor
- RPG Application development coding – General Understanding
Job duties and responsibilities
List the tasks that comprise about 90 to 95 percent of the work done and listing tasks in order of the time consumed (or in order of importance).
- The first task listed should be the most important or time-consuming one, and so on.
- List what must be performed and accomplished than how, if there is more than one way to do it.
- Responsible for the remediation of server incidents including timely responses, thorough analysis, and all proper follow up actions
- Responsible for responding to service restoration calls.
- Responsible for the overseeing of incident queues to ensure service level service levels are met
- Responsible for the overseeing of request queues and taking ownership of completing the requested work detail
- Responsible for reducing repeating incidents by performing deep analyses of tickets, adjusting thresholds, and/or performing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrences.
- Responsible for technical infrastructure projects
Collaborates with various groups to select appropriate design, process and tests and ensures the compatibility of system components.
- Responds to client/stakeholder problems in a timely manner, prioritizing multiple issues based on the severity of the case. Updates tickets with clear, concise and detailed documentation, including all communications regarding work, emails, phone calls and service attempts.
- Determines need for and responsible for installing Operating Systems patches including pre and post level reporting.
- Follows documented procedures for installing, maintaining and administering server hardware and software environments.
- Possess an understanding of server hardware components.
- Possess an understanding of network design, components and computer systems interactions
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | 81
Mainframe Client Rehire
Pune, India | JR009379
JR009379_Project Support Specialist
Pune, India | JR009332