Senior Site Reliability EngineerRemote - United Kingdom 36
Who We Are?
Ensono Digital is an award-winning, cloud native digital consultancy. Over the past decade, we have been trusted by some of the UK’s leading organisations to tackle their most complex digital transformation projects. We help our clients think and do, delivering strategy and software engineering that gives them the confidence to take on their toughest challenges and improve the lives of their people and customers.
We have worked on a variety of projects from cloud service integrations, building Data Lake and Microservice platforms, through to building apps, voice recognition platforms and offering digital strategy consulting. We’ve worked across several industries, with clients including ASOS, Nando’s, Burberry, and the BBC.
The aim is to help our clients gain a competitive edge and deliver the best customer experience possible.
We are ranked 8th in the UK’s Best Workplace 2022 list, 30th on the E-consultancy Top 100 Digital Agencies 2019 list (7th in the Technical Agencies list) and won the Most Innovative Emerging Technology at the 2018 UK Cloud Awards.
About the role and what you will be doing
Ensono Digital is continuing its growth and building a cloud-native managed service offering for our clients. We are looking for energetic and skilled remote Site Reliability Engineers to join us on this exciting new journey.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you and your team will be responsible for between four and ten of Ensono Digital's cloud-native managed services clients. Amido has invested time to create templated cloud-native solutions to provide value to our clients. They have loved what we’ve done so far and want us to operate these applications in production on their behalf.
In response to this demand, Ensono Digital is applying Site Reliability Engineering principles to disrupt the traditional Managed Services approach and deliver something that empowers our customers and turns technology into an efficiency, growth and innovation multiplier.
The successful candidate will be reporting into the Head of Managed Services and will start supporting our clients immediately. New projects are in the pipeline, so you will also be working with our pre-sales and delivery teams to ensure operations are considered long before handover.
We are just starting on our journey to Site Reliability Engineering, so we are eager to continue to learn from Google, Microsoft and you about experiences delivering Site Reliability Engineering to build a sustainable workplace that delivers a service which will delight our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, your overarching responsibility is to ensure we meet our clients Service Level Objectives, and we respond to incidents in a timely and professional manner. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring our client’s services using modern tools and SRE practices.
- Responding to incidents originating from 2nd line support within the times set out in the SLA.
- Performing and assisting in root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems to enable outages to be understood and avoided in the future.
- Improving the testing and release procedure.
- Planning for and making changes to capacity to balance the demand vs. cost saving equation better.
- Undertaking improvements to the infrastructure and product.
- Making changes to client’s services based upon operational or business needs.
- Advising and supporting the further development of Amido’s Intellectual Property to ensure future projects benefit from what we learn by operating Kubernetes in Azure.
What you’ll bring to Ensono Digital
We are looking for people who will bring a level of expertise to our Managed Services team, have a comprehensive understanding of Site Reliability Engineering, knowledge working with the cloud (ideally Azure or GCP) and commercial experience working with Kubernetes in Production.
Any additional expertise of the following will be very beneficial:
- Using Azure DevOps or similar for continuous delivery tool
- Contemporary monitoring, analytics tooling and best practice using App Insights, Operational Management Suite or Prometheus
- Terraform, or similar Infrastructure as Code tool (ARM, CloudFormation or Deployment Manager)
- Linux troubleshooting knowledge
What we can offer you
We will give you a place to strive and grow, where you will have the opportunity to work on interesting, yet challenging projects. Applying your thinking to build a better world founded on intelligent technologies.
This will be an extremely varied position that’s all about problem-solving and finding the right technical solutions for your client. You will be given autonomy over your work so that you will have the opportunity to shape the projects you’re working on.
We are a people-first business, which means people are at the heart of everything we do here. We offer our consultants a safe environment where knowledge sharing, and open communication is encouraged. Whether at one of the internal monthly events, such as Lunch & Learns, Tech Time, and internal competency meet-ups, or at one of our community groups, such as football, gaming, yoga, or wellbeing; we have strived to build a business where everyone feels welcomed, included, and valued.
Our benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 1/2 day on your birthday
- Sabbatical options at 5 & 10 years
- Discretionary bonus
- An annual training budget, up to 5 days study leave and 10+ training vendors
- Generous company pension
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Payroll giving
- Enhanced parental and dependent leave
- Equity appreciation program and incentive plan
- Life and income protection
- Additional perks such as discounted gym memberships, cycle scheme, EAP and more!
If this all sounds great, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate multiple approaches, points of view and believe that diversity drives innovation and growth. We are building a culture where uniqueness is valued and empowered. Everyone is welcome, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all unique.
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152