Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer – MQ z/OSRemote - United States JR008761
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
- Backup and recovery processes and tools
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and query tuning concepts
- Perform data management tasks as required: loading / unloading, updating, restoring and removing data to ensure that database is accurate as a data source.
- Perform Database Maintenance activities like Adhoc Reorgs, Runstats etc on demand from the application teams, as well as monitor the scheduled maintenance activities.
- Monitor and manage Space: Purge obsolete data and reclaim space
- Identify and troubleshoot databases issues with high priority.
- Monitor database backups and Database maintenance jobs. Troubleshoot job failures and work with Operations as required.
- Monitor the databases for any unusual activities and restrictive states and check the logs periodically for any issues.
- Refresh Dev/Test databases with prod backup images as requested.
- Off Hours Support as required.
- Participate in Oncall Schedule.
What the Ideal Candidate Brings to this Role
Required Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of z/os DB2, and IMS platforms
- Database knowledge (logical and physical design)
- Ability to perform and lead complex projects
- Knowledge of Parallel Sysplex emphasized and WLM – Work Load Manager
- Ability to perform skill set of a Mainframe System Programmer
- Working in a collaborative multi client Environment.
- Knowledge of Cobol Programming.
- Knowledge of Database Third party Software tools is a plus, (Omegamon, Tmon, BMC Suite, CA DB2 Toolset) is a Plus
- Ability to mentor and show leadership qualities
Ensono is a place we unleash Associates to Do Great Things – for our clients and for your career. This could mean achieving a professional goal, collaborating with your team on an innovative idea, learning a new skill, reaching a wellness milestone, or engaging in your community through volunteer programs. Whatever it means to you, we want Ensono to be the place where you can do great things.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance. Positions that are not required to be onsite to support a client may offer the ability to work remotely or hybrid at an Ensono office location.
- Unlimited Paid Day Off (PDO) Plan
- Two robust health plan options through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Eligibility for dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage, and flexible spending accounts
- Depending on location, ability to take advantage of fitness centers
- Wellness program
- Flexible work schedule
Ensono is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment to our Associates and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Pay transparency nondiscrimination statement/posting OFCCP’s pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP’s website.
If you need accommodation at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152