Senior Mainframe DB2 Systems ProgrammerRemote – Poland JR009129
At Ensono, our Purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation. We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates. The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into how we do business. These five traits are the key to achieving our purpose.
HONESTY • RELIABILITY • COLLABORATION • CURIOSITY • PASSION
Provide premium DB2 sysprog support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe DB2 systems. The successful candidate will perform mainframe database software upgrades coupled with administration and tuning to support our customers’ DB2 environments. The individual will need to work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of database problems. The individual will be responsible for day-to-day database maintenance such as creating backups, performing restores, monitoring file extent growth, scheduling reorganizations, creating and maintaining DR procedures and overall support of customer needs and requests. The successful candidate will be called upon to perform a variety of database optimizations that will include general reporting and analysis of the efficiency of the database configuration and periodic review of database performance.
Position reports to Sr. Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming.
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
• Expertise and work efforts will focus on the development and support and/or the customization of new services and support efforts.
• System programming knowledge of multiple DBMS’s is a bonus.• The individual will need to participate in on-call responsibilities.
• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to DB2
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to DB2 tables spaces
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to DB2 and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures
What the Ideal Candidate Brings to this Role
Required Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of professional experience in DB2 for administration and systems programming support. CA and IBM tools for DB2 a plus
• Knowledgeable in best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation
• SMP/e experience•Experience with configuring and managing DB2 in a parallel sysplex environment
• Ability to develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices in software management
• Experience with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, DR, security, maintenance, and utilization
• Experience with reviewing new versions of DB2 for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
• Ability to evaluate change requests and determine impact to assigned clients and troubleshooting and solving production database issues.
• Experience with supporting DB2 security requests
• Ability to review DB2 security to find potential risks
• Experience with reorganization of application data•Experience with reviewing, tuning of internal DB2 buffer pools and SQL code•Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
• Supporting multiple customer for after hours on-call•Other QualificationsSelf-motivated and able to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
• Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152