• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
Coordinate the setup and modification of alerting, automation and monitoring rules to promote stability and availability.
Modify CICS environments as needed to meet these objectives:
Use new services such as web, aws and cloud services
Parameter setting standards
Highlight areas of application improvement to clients
Document run environments for each client
Analyze monitoring thresholds; adjust for each client
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
• Work with members of other functional towers in preparing customer partitions for regular (approximately once per year) operating system upgrade process via a checklist of proactive actions.
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures g:
· Upgrading, maintaining, enhancing or providing new options to applicable z/OS products within any given customer partition.
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years experience on the zSeries (mainframe) platform including “hands on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to CICS TS and OEM product support.
• Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of CICS TS and installation and tailoring of CICS TS and as well as CICS TS related OEM products.
• Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.
• Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.