Senior End User Support TechnicianRemote - United States JR009109
The Senior End User Support Technician provides technical direction within the team and across the Information Systems department. Assists peers and mentors less experienced team members through the application and sharing of technical knowledge, guidance and direction. Evaluates, analyzes, and identifies root cause technical problems and develops and recommends key work products. Delivers technical solutions for desktop hardware and software, base image development, software versions, and license management. Works closely with IT Leadership and staff to assist with related technologies and guides interactions with End User Services Team and Ensono associates. May lead complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions. Provides insight to management on issues. Supports the values and strategic goals of Ensono.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Change and Release Management: Applies sound IT production and change management methods to all areas of Information Systems. Actively communicates changes within the IT department to all affected parties proactively and in an effective manner. Establishes and maintains strict testing and deployment methodologies for Information Systems.
- Business Continuation: Designs and implements the processes to establish and maintain appropriately available desktop systems operations environment. This includes controlled observation and evaluation of new technologies and methodologies. Testing plans and documentation are required. Develops solutions such as image creation & distribution, testing for other support teams.
- Capacity, Configuration and Architecture Management: Develops a high level of understanding of the Ensono Desktop. OS, profile version control, application version control, license management and peripherals. Documents adheres to, and ensures deployed systems meet all hardware and software standards and configurations. Manages system capacity through the use of monitoring tools and statistical analysis. Generates and manages system life cycle recommendations and funding requests. Works with End User Experience Team and Ensono staff to maintain SLA’s with end user computing hardware.
- End User Support technician is responsible for the Level 1 white glove deskside and remote upport. Works closely with Executives, Executive Assistants, Highly Technical Associates and Administrative staff. Escalates Network issues to other I.T. teams as required.
- Conference Room Video Conference Hardware: The End User Support Technician covers conference rooms service and support for all of the A/V equipment which includes projectors & video conference equipment. Sets up and supports video and other presentation equipment for Ensono presentations/forums/townhall meetings. Performs dry run exercises with executives and staff before actual live Town Halls.
- Availability/Incident Management: Responsible for the timely resolution of problems on Information Systems hardware and software. This includes maintaining the system operations in accordance with all regulatory requirements with primary focus on confidentiality and Security Regulations. This also includes solving issues related to, basic network, print, scanning, Active Directory, DNS/WINS, Okta SSO, and patching.
- Priority Management: Must be able to multi-task assignments and prioritize incidents and projects by balancing resources, priorities, deadlines and time. Requires collaboration across multiple disciplines and groups. Must also work independently and with a team.
- Manage Hardware Inventory: Supports company hardware management processes with asset tracking system. Includes data input, asset registration, asset tagging, tracking, hardware assignments, collection and disposal processes.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as escalation point & trouble shooting contact for levels 1-3 on End User hardware, software & configuration support.
- Functions as technical lead on special projects. Works closely with I.T. Sr. Manager and Director.
- Applies full understanding of desktop role from start to finish & represents the End User Support function in cross functional projects/implementations/integrations.
- Called upon to design & implement solutions & create new processes to improve efficiency.
- Requires a high level of analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems Determine economic feasibility or options available, and to assess time involved in system changes. Thorough documentation and language skills are also required.
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience with Windows operating systems, AD, DHCP, DNS printers, and version management, and experience with system design, capacity planning and capacity management
- Requires hands-on expertise with desktops, laptops and tablets, mobile phones and peripheral devices.
- Senior End User Support Technician specializing in the support of Windows and Apple Mac based systems, related software and peripherals. Experience with integration of Mac based systems into a Windows Active Directory corporate environment is a must. Experience with products such as Jamf is highly desired.
- Must be able to communicate the impact and solutions of application/system problems in business language
- Requires a professional approach in all situations
- Ability to work “on call” shift rotation.
- Must resolve problems entirely by either completing the work or gathering all of the resources needed for ultimate resolution and continuity of problem management.
- This position requires working in the corporate executive office in Downers Grove.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant business support and/or information technology support experience
- Advanced knowledge of desktop systems administration, Windows OS, Mac OS, antivirus and encryption, printers, and other peripherals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Okta, Workday, Jamf, Intune, Powershell Scripting, Trend AV
- Experience with Microsoft Intune and Dell Auto-pilot process and integration a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Preferred
MCSA, MCSE, ITIL
Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac O.S
Advanced understanding of Logitech A/V equipment, sound board, Crestron
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152