Senior Database Administrator IMSChennai, India JR009007
What the Ideal Candidate Brings to this Role
Required Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in IMS for administration and application support.
- Database Administration
- Knowledge of IMS database organization using access methods of VSAM and OSAM
- Full function database organization types
- HSAM, HISAM, SHISAM, HDAM, HIDAM, INDEX, GSAM
- Definition and use of LOGICAL databases
- HALDB (partitioned): PHDAM, PHIDAM, ILDS, PSINDEX, etc.
- Fast Path databases (DEDBs)
- Database Design and related utilities
- DBD source coding and DBDGEN
- PSBGEN source coding and PSBGEN
- How databases are processed using secondary indexes (PROCSEQ=)
- Correct usage of PROCOPT= to minimize database locking
- Online Change
- IMS commands related to ACB and FORMAT changes
- Coding and usage of IMS reorganization utilities (including IBM, BMC, CA), including: unload, prefix resolution, reload, prefix update, secondary index build, image copy, and pointer checker
- Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
- Knowledge of log archive and change accumulation utilities
- How to perform a log archive on demand
- Knowledge of IMS DB recovery utility
- How to use DBRC to generate JCL for forward recovery and point-in-time database recovery.
- Experience with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, DR, security, maintenance, and utilization
- Ability to evaluate change requests and determine impact to assigned clients and troubleshooting and solving production database administration issues.
- Database administration knowledge of multiple Mainframe Database Management Systems is a bonus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
- Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152