Project ManagerChennai, India JR009084
Project Manager (PM)
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering revenue generation as framed in the commercial sale in the most efficient manner whilst managing all internal and external delivery parties. The GPI team is fast moving and evolving with the wider business opportunities not only within our team but the wider business arena becoming available through growth in the role or a multitude of global roles becoming available.
- Critical success factors that measure performance would be:
- Delivery of project to budget and plan
- CSAT survey is sent for each project (Measuring Onboarding/Project Satisfaction)
- Personal Goals/Objectives as set agreed with the line manager
The successful candidate will be supported by a line manager but also the PMO function we have created whilst the team are led by the Director, Project Management who has ultimate responsibility for the team.
- Key Responsibilities
- Oversees contract file maintenance.
- Leads development of SOW or RFP response.
- Participates in vendor selection and contracts.
- Responsible for the development of effort estimations utilized in new work proposals.
- Defines, organizes, and plans project schedules to meet required project timeframes. Facilitates/leads estimation of moderately complex projects.
- Develops project schedule and determines resource needs. Works closely with resource managers to ensure proper resource allocation to the project.
- Independently and successfully managed the development and execution of all projects
- multiple moderately complex, multi phased projects.
- Concurrently manages more than one moderately complex, multiple phased projects with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams and/or outside vendors.
- Manages risk planning, analysis, response, and control on a scheduled basis across all phases and projects.
- Recognize and document process improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring all project close out activities are completed and documented.
- Scope Planning:
- Resolves potentially conflicting requirements.
- Coordinates preparation of complete written scope statement spelling out project goals and details ensuring compliance with SLAs (e.g., objectives, justification, deliverables and their relative degree of effort and formality, definitions of terms).
- Thoroughly understands the project background (e.g., why it is being done, who supports/opposes it, where it is on the client’s priority list, who the client sponsor is).
- Establishes and obtains key stakeholders’ commitment to the overall project vision.
- Obtains agreement to an approved, clearly stated review and approval process.
- Ensures changes to the project scope are implemented according to the project change management process.
- Project Initiation:
- Analyzes historical data, identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations to improve estimates.
- Coaches’ others in skills required to plan and estimate resource needs of complex projects.
- Oversees the development of schedules that result in on-time releases of large and complex projects. Evaluates the effectiveness of key metrics and provides feedback for improvement.
- Provides subject matter expertise on project metrics and mentoring/training on project initiation, control, and closure.
- Time & Cost Management:
- Manages budgets and timelines of high-level, high-impact, and high-cost client projects.
- Uses a variety of company and industry sources to assess and predict trends in estimating the resource needs of complex and large projects.
- Presents and maintains project budgets
- Analyzes aggregate budget/expense data across projects and presents trends to executives.
- Secures needed approval from senior management to changes in project budgets, to accompany changes in project scope.
- Ensures integration of timelines for multiple projects.
- Serves as subject-matter expert in project budgeting, cost estimates, and control.
- Consistently meets profitability and release date objectives of complex projects.
- Participates/develops project performance in conjunction with pre-sell efforts related to project management activities. Recommends enhancements, improvements, or new reporting needs.
- Risk & Issue Management:
- Implements strategies to deal with risks and issues affecting the success of the project (e.g., acceptance, avoidance, mitigation).
- Works with stakeholders to increase their understanding of potential risks and the steps being taken to mitigate them.
- Objectively analyzes the impact and probability of each risk and the impact of each issue.
- Uses risk mitigation techniques to lessen the probability, thereby reducing the risk.
- Involves team members in identifying risks on a regular basis throughout the project.
- Uses a variety of tools/techniques to quantify risks (e.g., expected monetary value, statistical sums, schedule simulations, decision trees).
- Uses a variety of approaches (e.g., project team meetings, project status reports, issues logs, risk management work sheets) to keep project risks visible and track changes (e.g., probability, impact, planned risk response).
- Drives risks and issues to closure.
- Establishes tolerance levels for issues and triggers for risks.
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship.
- Regularly leads self and others and/or established as SME and/or established as specialist.
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy.
- In-Depth understanding of project management principles and the application thereof.
- Expert in project management methodology and solution development methodologies.
- Typically requires a minimum of +8 years of related experience
- Desired: 6 – 10 years of experience in the field or a related area. Prince2 certification required.
- Recognized as an expert in project management and solution delivery Methodologies
- Proven strong risk management as a primary management habit.
- Proven effective change management skills
- Has experience using risk management processes
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152