Mainframe Systems Programmer – Network SecurityPune, India JR008711
z/OS Network and Security Team
The z/OS Network and Security team is responsible for all Mainframe network configuration and administration for SNA, APPN, EBN, and TCPIP networks. They are also responsible for driving security initiatives and hardening of the IBM z/OS platform including AT-TLS rule administration.
In-Scope (Vendor Roles/Activities/Responsibilities):
z/OS Operating System Network and Security activities configured in a parallel sysplex using an SNA/APPN/TCPIP Network.
Participate in the technical support & execution of the z/OS RSU maintenance & z/OS upgrade process. Install, customize, certify & deploy IBM and independent software vendor (ISV) software. Gather ctrace and packet trace data, logs and other supporting material from all components and open service requests / cases with the vendors and provide on-going support for issues. Configure and troubleshoot TCPIP components (RESOLVER, SYSLOGD, OMPROUTE, IOBSNMP, SMTP, FTP, FTPS, TN3270, PAGENT) and SFTP. Configure & implement AT-TLS rules. Familiar with the network, support, and operation of IBM Metro Global Mirror synchronous / asynchronous configuration. Assist in the design and documentation of infrastructure business continuity plans and advise application teams on infrastructure capability. Respond to Notification Manager alerts. Provide technical documentation & detailed chronology based on supporting facts for critical incidents (IS Notifications) within 24 hours of the incident. Monitor and process the Mainframe Infrastructure SMC Incident and Problem queue and respond per defined SLAs. Draft design documentation and diagrams to meet business requirements. Process work requests via SMC Request and IT service request system or team manager requests as needed.
Out of Scope:
- Any other activity not listed under Scope section of this response
z14 and z15 servers using XCF, FICON MPC, 1Gb, 10Gb, and RoCE, IBM DS8K disk arrays, IBM TS7700 virtual tape systems, Brocade 7840 Expansion switches, and Brocade FICON directors.
- Familiar with IBM Z server hardware.
- Familiar with IBM DS8K disk arrays, IBM TS7700 virtual tape systems and Brocade FICON & Expansion switches.
- Familiar with USS structures & permissions.
- Familiar with SNA/APPN, FICON MPC, XCF and EE/EBN.
- Familiar with the components & configuration of the z/OS TCPIP stack including OSPF, FTP, SMTP, and ICMP.
- Familiar with firewall functionality, DNS resolution and proxy functionality.
- Familiar with digital certificates, ciphers, and security negotiations.
- Familiar with RACF keyrings.
- Experience supporting a global computer operations team.
- Expert in coding PROCs and JCLs.
- Expert in creating custom ISPF dialogs and panels.
- Expert in using SMP/E for the installation, customization & maintenance of z/OS software products.
- Expert in the installation, customization & maintenance of IBM and independent software vendor software.
- Experience collecting & diagnosing packet traces.
- Familiarity with security principals including SOX, PCI and GDPR regulations and their implementation using best practices.
- Expert MS Office.
Software/Hardware Required (Detail UPS Owned SW and Third-Party SW Requirements):
- z/OS v2.4
- JES2/NJE, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, SMF, RMF, WLM, DFSMS, DFHSM, DFDSS, RACF, SMP/E, LE, ICC/HMC, USS/NFS, Healthchecker, LLA, REXX
- VTAM, TCPIP, OMPROUTE / OSPF, FTP (SSH & TLS), SMTP, TN3270, PAGENT (AT-TLS)
- COBOL, Connect Enterprise/Secure Plus, Connect Enterprise RDX, AF/Operator, Copy Service Manager, ISKLM/GSKLM, Guardium for z/OS, Omegamon Suite (MVS, CICS, MQ, DB2), TDMF, TPX, zSecure Audit
- Thruput Manager, File-Aid, Xpediter, Topaz Workbench, Strobe, iStrobe, Abend-Aid, EasyTrieve
- VPS Suite, Savers, FDR, CA Faver, CA Allocate, Catalog Recovery Plus, ChangeMan, MXG, PKZIP, Syncsort, Vanguard RACF Admin, and IBM Multi-Factor Authentication
- CA-Spool, CA-Balancing, CA-Deliver, TLMS, CA1, NetMaster, APM, OPSMVS, ESP
- Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox
- MS Office
- QWS3270 Secure
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152
Remote - United States | JR009165