Mainframe Systems ProgrammerRemote – Poland JR009127
- Backup and recovery processes and tools
- Database knowledge (logical and physical design)
- Experience with troubleshooting database performance issues and query tuning concepts
- Perform data management tasks as required: loading / unloading, updating, restoring and removing data to ensure that database is accurate as a data source.
- Perform Database Maintenance activities like Adhoc Reorgs, Runstats etc on demand from the application teams, as well as monitor the scheduled maintenance activities.
- Monitor and manage Space: Purge obsolete data and reclaim space
- Identify and troubleshoot databases issues with high priority.
- Monitor database backups and Database maintenance jobs. Troubleshoot job failures and work with Operations as required.
- Monitor the databases for any unusual activities and restrictive states and check the logs periodically for any issues.
- Refresh Dev/Test databases with prod backup images as requested.
- Working in a collaborative multi client Environment.
- Knowledge of Cobol Programming.
- Knowledge of Database Third party Software tools is a plus, (Omegamon, Tmon, BMC Suite, CA DB2 Toolset) is a Plus
Off Hours Support as required.
Participate in Oncall Schedule.
Platforms: z/os DB2, IMS
Bonus Platforms: IDMS, Adabase, Supra, System 2000, Datacom
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152
Remote - United States | JR009165