At Ensono, our purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation.
Developing impactful solutions is something we do together at Ensono, because Ideas Start Here. Great things happen when many voices are heard, and people are supported to run with their ideas. On our teams, you will be backed by leaders with passion for our business. This is a place where your ideas can Do Great Things.
We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates. The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into how we do business.
Adventure starts here. Here you will be a part of a team that encourages you to master your craft, ask tomorrow’s questions today, and chart your own path. Our Associates focus on client impact with curiosity and a feeling of relentless commitment. You will support this mission in this role, where you will be doing the following:
About the role and what you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will perform mainframe CICS Transaction Server software administration and tuning to support our customers’ CICS environments. The individual will need to work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of CICS related problems.
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
· Fulfill customer service requests for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
· Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products
· Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
· Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
· Communicate to both customer and management the status of issues at intervals during resolution process.
· Maintain documentation of issue cause, action, and resolution in the designated problem tracking system.
· Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
· In joint co-operation with the Disaster Recovery Services and other technical teams, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
· Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
· Follow ITSM change control procedures
We want all new Associates to succeed in their roles at Ensono. That’s why we’ve outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it’s important that you meet all Required Qualifications. If you do not meet all the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
· Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of professional experience in CICS administration and systems programming support.
· Experience in building new CICS regions
· Experience with configuring and managing CICS in a parallel sysplex- CICSPlex environments
· Ability to develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices in software management
· Experience with reviewing new versions of CICS for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
· Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.
· Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.
· Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
· Knowledgeable in best practices of software management, maintenance, and documentation
· Experience with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to CICS management, DR, security, maintenance, and utilization
· Ability to evaluate change requests and determine impact to assigned clients and troubleshooting and solving production CICS related issues.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
· Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
· Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
· Experience in installation/upgrade/customization of CICS TS and OEM products
· SMPE Knowledge and experience
What we offer
Flexible and remote work opportunities
Training and development programs
Worldwide career opportunities
My Benefit system
Associate equity program
One paid day off for charity events
Rental or co-financing of office equipment
Referral bonus program
Growth starts here.
Ensono is a place to make better happen – for our clients and for your career. At Ensono, your skills and expertise will grow every day. You will be empowered to do impactful work by influencing mission-critical platforms, modernizing systems, and building innovative applications as you partner with our remarkable clients. You can do great things through innovation or collaboration, by learning or volunteering, or to promote diversity and inclusion. You can do great things for your own health or for a healthier planet. Whatever it means to you to do great things we want Ensono to be the place you can do it.
We’re a global-first organization with collaboration as one of our core values. We believe our global perspective is our strategic advantage. With physical offices in Europe, India, and the United States, as well as areas of remote workforce concentration.