Mainframe System Programmer – CICSRemote – Poland JR009130
The successful candidate will perform mainframe CICS Transaction Server software administration and tuning to support our customers’ CICS environments. The individual will need to work with vendor personnel to achieve timely solutions of CICS related problems.
Key Areas of Focus for this Role
· Fulfill customer service requests for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
· Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products
· Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
· Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
· Communicate to both customer and management the status of issues at intervals during resolution process.
· Maintain documentation of issue cause, action, and resolution in the designated problem tracking system.
· Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
· In joint co-operation with the Disaster Recovery Services and other technical teams, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
· Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
· Follow ITSM change control procedures
· Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of professional experience in CICS administration and systems programming support.
· Experience in building new CICS regions
· Experience with configuring and managing CICS in a parallel sysplex- CICSPlex environments
· Ability to develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices in software management
· Experience with reviewing new versions of CICS for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
· Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.
· Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.
· Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
· Knowledgeable in best practices of software management, maintenance, and documentation
· Experience with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to CICS management, DR, security, maintenance, and utilization
· Ability to evaluate change requests and determine impact to assigned clients and troubleshooting and solving production CICS related issues.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
· Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
· Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
· Experience in installation/upgrade/customization of CICS TS and OEM products
· SMPE Knowledge and experience
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152
Remote - United States | JR009165