• Fulfill customer service requests for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to IMS and related OEM software products.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to IMS and related OEM software products.
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
• Follow procedures for installing OEM software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to IMS and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures
•Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
•10+ years of professional experience in IMS for administration and systems programming support. CA and IBM tools for IMS a plus
•Extensive experience with the following:
Knowledge in best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation
Configure and manage IMS in a parallel sysplex environment
Develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices in IMS systems programming
Reviewing new versions of IMS for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
Troubleshooting and solving of IMS System and database issues
Evaluating change requests and determine impact to assigned clients
Vendor consultations for problems and questions
DR recovery of application objects
Troubleshooting and solving production database issues
Supporting multiple customer for after hours on-call
Knowledge of IMS database organization using access methods of VSAM and OSAM
Full function database organization types: HSAM, HISAM, SHISAM, HDAM, HIDAM, INDEX, GSAM
Definition and use of LOGICAL databases: HALDB (partitioned): PHDAM, PHIDAM, ILDS, PSINDEX, etc.
Knowledge of Fast Path databases (DEDBs)
Database Design and related utilities
DBD source coding and DBDGEN
PSB source coding and PSBGEN
How databases are processed using secondary indexes (PROCSEQ=)
Correct usage of PROCOPT= to minimize database locking
Understanding of path calls
Understanding of bi-directional logical relationships
Understanding and use of Data Set Groups
IMS commands related to ACB and FORMAT changes
Coding and usage of IMS reorganization utilities (including IBM, BMC, CA)
Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
Knowledge of log archive and change accumulation utilities
How to perform a log archive on demand
Knowledge of IMS DB recovery utility
How to use DBRC to generate JCL for forward recovery and point-in-time database recovery.
Identification and resolution of performance issues
Online tracing – Usage of IMS TRACE commands and associated utilities for spot monitoring of online program/transaction activity
A solid working knowledge of SMP/E and its role in the installation process
Solid understanding of IMS database structures
Understanding of IMS connect
Understanding of MFS for IMS message formatting
Understanding and use of Compression routines
Understanding and use of Randomizers
Strong JCL skills
Understanding and use of Assembler
Understanding of exits in the install process
Understanding and use of the IRLM in a data sharing environment