Facilities Mechanical LeadDowners Grove, IL JR008619
This is onsite role from day one and the job location is Downers Grove ,IL
The Data Center Facilities Mechanical Lead is accountable for planning, maintenance, and documentation of data center operations and associated mission critical infrastructure. As a member of the Data Center Facilities team, the Facilities Mechanical Lead ensures effective oversight of contractor activity and required maintenance practices.
- Ensure operational best practices to maintain availability and uptime of facilities mission critical operations and infrastructure.
- Review and document mission critical operational and emergency procedures and maintain as-built documentation.
- Share/Communicate technical knowledge and experience with team members to promote professional growth and cross training of staff.
- Ensure energy efficiency and optimization of the data center facilities and mission critical systems.
- Operate and manage critical equipment in support of both routine and emergency service for a variety of mechanical systems such as chillers, CRAH/CRAC units, plumbing, DX systems, RTUs, leak detection, building management systems (BMS) and building automation systems, fire detection and suppression systems.
- Conduct inspections and develop recommendations to improve, repair, or modify building and mechanical systems to improve operational integrity and energy efficiency.
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation for emergency response and support as needed to maintain the integrity and availability of the data center systems and infrastructure.
- Perform daily facilities inspections and rounds throughout the data center and around the property to insure the integrity of the site, systems, and infrastructure.
- Coordinate services and activities of contractors as necessary for facilities operations, maintenance, and construction services.
- Ensure infrastructure is maintained in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and company standards.
- Develop method of procedure (MOP) documents, prepare scope of work, and technical documentation as required.
- Interface with building management systems and applications to ensure operational efficiencies, integrity, and availability of critical systems and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain appropriate vendor relationships to perform necessary repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide effective oversight of assigned projects including direction of project teams and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working in a mission critical environment
- Operational knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, chillers, DX systems, CRAH/CRAC units, RTUs, leak detection, digital controls, BMS and building automation systems, fire detection and suppression systems.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and be able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing.
- Strong team player.
- Project management, troubleshooting, and organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of budgets and procurement processes.
- Competent PC skills (Microsoft Office & Outlook) and use of computerized maintenance tools (DCIM, BMS).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or greater.
- 2+ years working in a mission critical facility is a plus.
- Trade certifications (HVAC, Plumbing).
- Military training or technical certifications desired.
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Pune, India | JR009169
Sales Compensation Analyst
Chennai, India | JR009022
Solution Delivery Architect (ZOS / AUTH Code)
Pune, India | JR009357