Data Engineering ConsultantRemote - United Kingdom 33
About the role and what you'll be doing
You will be responsible for building data lakes and massive scale ingestion pipeline solutions, including batch/grid, micro batching, stream processing and lambda solutions. Ultimately, you will create data solutions which encompass high utilisation, elastic scaling and efficient data distribution for our clients.
Ensono Digital has a diverse set of communities, as well as your core competency, that you’ll be encouraged to contribute to and learn from where projects and client commitments allow.
You will be a self-starter, proactive in your project work and your career, including identifying your training needs and planning to fill them with the help of your training budget.
We are a client-facing business, but we do encourage clients to allow us to work remotely for a majority of the time so if you are not required to be on client site, you can choose to work from home or in our Ensono Digital offices.
What you’ll bring to Ensono Digital
We are looking for passionate Data Engineers who have a proactive attitude and can interact effectively within a team. You will also need the following skills and experience:
- Building and contributing to Big Data solutions, such as data lakes, data warehouses, start schemas and data ingestion pipelines
- Working across data storage, including RDMS, cloud storage, HDFS and NoSQL
- Practicing TDD/BDD testing
- Understanding compression and encoding techniques and common Big Data file formats (e.g., Parquet and Avro) and of storage requirements i.e., columnar storage, indexing, partitioning, replication and sharding
- Advanced development skills in at least one core programming language, such as Python, Scala or Java
- Working with distributed query and data processing platforms, such as Apache Spark and Google Big Query
- Understanding of engineering best practices, such as SOLID, TDD, DRY, Separation of Concerns and Clean Code
- Great communication skills, in particular: presenting, collaborating and working with stakeholders
- Understanding business and client requirements and an ability to articulate solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What we offer you
- We will give you a place to strive and grow, where you will have the opportunity to work on interesting, yet challenging projects. Applying your thinking to build a better world founded on intelligent technologies alongside highly skilled and like-minded individuals.
- This will be an extremely varied position that’s all about problem-solving and finding the right technical solutions for your client. You will be given autonomy over your work so that you will have the opportunity to shape the projects you’re working on.
- We are a people-first business, which means people are at the heart of everything we do here. We offer our consultants a safe environment where knowledge sharing, and open communication is encouraged. Whether at one of the internal monthly events, such as Lunch & Learns, Tech Time, and internal competency meet-ups, or at one of our community groups, such as football, gaming, yoga, or wellbeing; we have strived to build a business where everyone feels welcomed, included, and valued.
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 1/2 day on your birthday
- Sabbatical options at 5 & 10 years
- An annual training budget, up to 5 days study leave and 10+ training vendors
- Generous company pension
- Private healthcare
- Payroll giving
- Enhanced parental and dependent leave
- Equity appreciation program and incentive plan
- Life and Income protection
- Additional perks such as discounted gym memberships, cyclescheme, EAP and more!
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR008729
Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer – z/OS
Bengaluru, India | JR009168
End User Support Technician
Chennai, India | JR007903