Data Center Operations EngineerRemote - United States JR008773
- Must have IBM z/OS/MVS Mainframe experience
- Monitor and manage internal and external MVS zSeries and VM/VSE environments to ensure production processing meets internal and external client agreed service levels and requirements.
- High level of interaction with internal and external customers requires effective and professional communication.
- Complete daily shift turnover and customer checklists associated with assigned client environment. Along with written shift turnover, verbal turnover must be facilitated.
- Thoroughly document deviations within company’s designated Incident Management tool, reflecting clear and tangible details surrounding each incident.
- Properly escalate all events or incidents that may impact our ability to meet agreed service levels.
- Ensure system IPL, maintenance and backup processes are successfully performed according to predetermined schedule and per established procedures.
- Ensure all operations related changes are properly documented and approved in company designated Change Management tool prior to implementation. Follow-up and close completed changes with valid and meaningful data.
- Adhere to company documented processing procedures for internal and external clients, as well as suggesting and requesting updates and improvements as needed to internal Operations SharePoint documentation repository.
- Organize tasks to work independently.
- Hands and feet support as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned or designated by Operations management.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5 years minimum experience running Mainframe operating systems (MVS, zSeries) with experience in the following software: CICS, IMS, DB2, VTAM, TSO, JCL, ISPF, SDSF, JES2, JES3, CA7, CA11, ZEKE, JOBTRAC, TWS/OPC. Additional Scheduling package knowledge a plus
- Proficient in advanced MVS and JES2 commands
- Ability to analyze problems and effect proper corrective action
- Ability to stretch across assigned tasks and assist other team members
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Work in sitting position with computer keyboard and multiple screens
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009181
Manager, Mainframe Systems Programming
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152