Cybersecurity EngineerRemote - United States JR008717
At Ensono, our Purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace innovation.
We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates. The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into how we do business. These five traits are the key to achieving our purpose.
About the role and what you'll be doing:
The Cybersecurity Engineer, under the direction of the Cybersecurity Engineering Manager, will be part of an expanding team responsible for engineering security solutions for a global managed service provider. This position serves as a mid-level security professional and is responsible for assisting in driving security projects and solutions to meet internal and customer security and compliance needs. After-hours or on-call duty may be required.
- Endpoint anti-virus/anti-malware security (Trend Micro)
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure) native security or add-ons like Trend Micro Cloud App Security
- Host based IDS/IPS and DLP applications
- Security information and event management applications (LogRhythm, Elastic, Alert Logic)
- Vulnerability Management – scanning and reporting tools (Nessus or Qualys)
- File Integrity Monitoring tools
- Strong technical writing skills to include the ability to provide clearly written and detailed reports on projects for communication to leaders
- Assist with design, implementation, and administration of information security solutions
- Support internal and customer auditing requirements
- Create internal and customer facing security standards and procedures
- Align procedures, processes, and security tools to support a global cybersecurity model
- Perform incident response roles as necessary per the Ensono Incident Response Plan
- Evaluate and implement security application upgrades and patches
- Monitor, assess, and report on security vulnerabilities and emerging threats
- Interact with other teams to design and maintain systems to comply with compliance and hardening standards
- Consult with product owners to ensure alignment of solutions to security product offerings
We want all new Associates to succeed in their roles at Ensono. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Required Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience of information security engineering
- Ability to work multiple security engineering projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of:
- network architecture concepts and TCP/IP based networks, DNS, firewalls, encryption, security concepts, common attack vectors/types
- malware classification, entry vectors and propagation channels
- digital forensics or penetration testing
- ability to speak to commonly accepted security best practices
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to complete tasks independently
- Experience with:
- developing and implementing security solutions in a large enterprise environment
- vulnerability scanning tools
- using enterprise anti-virus solutions
- email security to include cloud applications such as Microsoft 365 Defender
- security incident response in a large enterprise environment
- creating clear and robust security standards and procedures
- Minimal system administration experience with Windows or UNIX/Linux systems
- Working knowledge of security compliances such as PCI-DSS, SSAE SOC1/SOC2, and/or ISO270001
- Minimal experience in managing security solutions for public or hybrid cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Associates degree in information security or a related field of study (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, SANS, GIAC
Ensono is a place to make better happen – for our clients and for your career. You can do great things through innovation or collaboration, by learning or volunteering, or to promote diversity and inclusion. You can do great things for your own health or for a healthier planet. Whatever it means to you to do great things we want Ensono to be the place you can do it.
We are a client-facing business, but we do encourage clients to allow us to work remotely most of the time so if you are not required to be on client site, you can choose to work from home or in our Ensono offices.
- Unlimited Paid Days Off
- Two health plan options through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401k with company match
- Eligibility for dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage, and flexible spending accounts
- Depending on location, ability to take advantage of fitness centers
- Wellness program
- Flexible work schedule
Ensono is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment to our Associates and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Pay transparency nondiscrimination statement/posting OFCCP’s pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP’s website.
If you need accommodation at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
More career opportunities at Ensono
Explore additional openings with our team, and apply today.
Remote - United States | JR009205
Mainframe Technical Advisor
Pune, India | JR009152
Remote - United States | JR009165